October is Pastor/Clergy Appreciation Month. We’re so thankful for our pastors and ministry leaders for their tireless, selfless service in our churches and communities.
Pastors around the country have had to navigate many difficult challenges in their churches due to the pandemic and the social and political unrest over the past two years. Many are tired and burned out. They need our encouragement, prayers, and support. The Bible says …
“Honor those who are your leaders in the Lord’s work. They work hard among you and give you spiritual guidance. Show them great respect and wholehearted love because of their work.” (1 Thessalonians 5:12–13 NLT)
Please take a moment to pray for your pastor and ministry leaders. Pray for their:
- Joy – that God will give them deep joy in His love and in His promises, regardless of circumstances
- Rest – that God will help them rest well each night, help them know when to have boundaries, and that they would rest in the hope of the gospel
- Strength – that God will give them His strength each day to fulfill all He has called them to do and courage to share His Word boldly in these difficult days
- Wisdom – that God will give guidance and discernment as they study, preach, teach, counsel, and shepherd the flock God has put under their care
- Protection – that God will protect our pastors, as well as their marriages and families, from spiritual attack, discouragement, and burnout.
Thank you for praying. As you feel led, consider writing them a note of encouragement and check out the helpful resources below.
Video Resources for Your Pastor and Church – 35% Off!
Our Lifeline to Hope video resources provide practical, in-depth training on lay caregiving. Lifeline equips the church (that’s you!) to care for the hurting and broken. This helps prevent pastoral burnout because it frees up time and emotional energy for the pastoral staff. Here’s what one pastor had to say about the effect of Lifeline on their church:
“We started Lifeline because the demands on our pastoral staff were quickly growing beyond what they could respond to. We have trained over two hundred people to become better equipped to care for people. Lifeline is an integral part of our church – it would be difficult to imagine caring for both our congregation and the community without it.”
– Jack Dunn, Care Pastor, Blue Ridge Community Church
Church members who have received the Lifeline training also report the impact it has had on them:
“This was the best training course I have ever attended. It is vital to the health of every church to grow in biblical wisdom on how to care for those who are lost, hurting, and wounded.”
- Group Training Course: This 10-session video course provides everything needed for a church, small group, or organization to train a team to become competent caregivers who can provide support and encouragement to those in need.
- Self-Study Course: A 10-session video course for individuals to learn at their own pace about biblical caregiving and how to become a better people helper.
- Topical Video Courses: Biblical insight and practical guidance on specific life challenges such as Abuse, Addictions, Anger, Anxiety, Depression, Forgiveness, Grief, Marriage, Parenting, Stress, and more.
Please consider investing in these practical, biblical resources for yourself, your pastor, or your church. They can make a real difference in so many lives.