Self-Study Video Course
A great mental health resource – especially for the challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Do you have a heart for people who are hurting and broken? Maybe you’re looking to grow as a caregiver or counselor or leader – or you just want to learn some practical tools to better help people in your life. The truth is, we can all learn skills to better help those in need. This course does just that.
The Lifeline to Hope Self-Study Course is a 10-session, video-based lay caregiving training program to help you become a competent biblical caregiver – to provide support, encouragement, and spiritual care to those in need.
Testimony from Tennille
Key Benefits to Lifeline to Hope Self-Study Course:
- Flexibility – learn at your own schedule and pace
- Accessibility – access the lessons anytime, anywhere
- Digital format – watch online on your computer or mobile device
- Professional curriculum taught by experienced instructors
- Comprehensive training to become a biblical caregiver
- Biblically-based, practical teaching with personal application
Hear from Eric and Haley, the instructors
About the Lifeline to Hope Training Course
Equipping you to help others and make a difference – connecting a life in crisis with a life in Christ.
What’s included in the course?
The Self-Study Course is great for people who:
- Want to grow in their people-helping and relational skills
- Want to grow as a caregiver, counselor, coach, chaplain, or leader
- Those in ministry contexts (pastors, lay leaders, small-group leaders)
- Counselors looking to integrate biblical truth into their practice
- Anyone seeking insight into how to biblically help others
- Anyone wanting to learn basic caregiving and counseling principles
- Those with busy schedules (learn at own your pace)
Course Video Lessons
Bonus Presentation: When Helping You is Hurting Me
Purchase the Lifeline to Hope Self-Study Course
Along with the video presentations, you will receive a comprehensive 300-page Caregiver Training Manual (PDF download) that follows the presentations with detailed information, opportunities to take notes, additional insights that allow you to dive deeper into the topics being discussed, and a self-reflection at the end of each lesson. When you have successfully completed the training, you will also be awarded an attractive Certificate of Completion, suitable for framing. The video lessons and Caregiver Training Manual give you the tools to unlock God’s Word, equipping you to provide Christ-like care for those who are hurting, broken, and in need.
About the Instructors
Dr. Eric Scalise
Senior VP & Chief Strategy Officer
Haley Scully, M.A.
Senior Director of Strategic & International Operations
What Others Are Saying
“We started Lifeline Caregiving in 2011 because the demands on our pastoral staff were quickly growing beyond what they could respond to with Christlike compassion and patience. Since then, we have trained over two hundred people to become active caregivers or to simply become better equipped to care for people in their own ministry settings. Dr. Eric Scalise’s teaching has been life-transforming for so many here at Blue Ridge. Because these caregivers are willing to meet with hurting people right where they are, practicing the “ministry of presence,” today there are hundreds of people living in the freedom and healing that Christ provides. Our caregivers take seriously their “sacred trust” from God, and, as a result, many marriages have been healed and divorces prevented. Lifeline Caregiving is now an integral part of our church; it would be difficult to imagine caring for both our congregation and the community without it.”
— Jack Dunn, Care Pastor, Blue Ridge Community Church