There is grace for you today. If you’re feeling down today or have felt depressed for a while, know that the Lord is with you. You’re not alone. He says, “For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you” (Isaiah 41:13).
Please watch this short video and learn how God’s Word can give you hope and what to do if you (or a loved one) are struggling with depression.
(Psalm 42:5 HCSB)
- Talk about it – with a counselor, doctor, or trustworthy person.
- Try to identify the cause.
- Consider situational and emotional factors (recent losses or life changes; unresolved grief, anger, or stress).
- Consider physical contributors (hormonal or genetic factors, chronic illness; improper food, rest, and exercise).
- Talk with doctor about any physical issues.
- Keep your focus on God.
- Write down the passages from His Word that give you hope.
- Remember that God will never leave you or forsake you.
- Ask God to help you work through any pain you’re experiencing.
- Keep a list of things you’re thankful for and express your gratitude to God daily.
- Remember that with God, you always have hope and a future.
“There is surely a future hope for you,
and your hope will not be cut off.”
More Helpful Resources on Depression
This video course provides practical, biblical insights on depression from Dr. Eric Scalise, a licensed professional counselor with over 40 years of experience in the mental health field. Learn how to manage depression personally and how to help others who struggle with depression.
Keys for Living book – Depression
For those local to North Texas (DFW area) – visit our HopeWorks Counseling page and find a licensed professional counselor near you. HopeWorks provides in-person counseling and teletherapy on a variety of issues for individuals (adults or children), couples, and families.