- Realize only God can meet your deepest needs for love, significance, and security.
- Identify how you are trying to use another person to meet your deepest needs.
- Take responsibility for your own actions.
- Don’t try to control another’s actions.
- Set healthy boundaries and commit to keeping them.
- Do not enable poor decisions and destructive behavior.
- Painful consequences can serve as a motivation for change.
God Will Meet Your Deepest Needs
- “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” (John 6:35)
- “The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.” (Isaiah 58:11)
- “My God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)
More Helpful Resources on Codependency
Video Course – Codependency
This video course explains the dynamics of codependent relationships, how they develop, and how to break free. Learn biblical insights and practical steps on establishing healthy, balanced relationships as well as the importance of seeing yourself through God’s eyes.
Do you look to someone to give your life meaning and value? Does someone look to you for significance? This book will show you to overcome the unhealthy dynamics of a codependent relationship and how only God can meet our deepest needs.
Free Webinar on Lay Caregiving Resources
These valuable, video-based resources will help you grow personally, professionally, and in your ministry role. At the end of the webinar, you will receive a special coupon for a discount on all Lifeline to Hope resources.