The pride and joy of parenthood cannot be measured … nor can the weight of such an awesome responsibility. Understandably, single parents have one of the most difficult roles on earth! The life of a single parent is not like, “Been there; done that!” It is more like, “Haven’t been there; can’t do it!”
A person can become a single parent for a variety of reasons: 1) decree of adoption by a single person, 2) decision of a never married parent to keep the baby, 3) death of a mate, 4) divorce of a mate, 5) desertion of a mate, or 6) distance of a mate as a result of extended separation: hospitalization, imprisonment, employment, or military service.
However, if you became a single parent, you might believe you can’t feel secure unless you must have another person in your life to provide for your physical and emotional needs. In truth, God knows you will go through painful times, but you can feel secure in knowing that the Lord is the perfect provider for your family. …
- He is always there. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1).
- He is a provider. “My God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19).
- He is a good listener. “Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge” (Psalm 62:8).
- He is faithful. “Great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever” (Psalm 117:2).
- He loves you forever. “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness” (Jeremiah 31:3).
- He loves your children. “Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these’” (Matthew 19:14).
If at times you feel fearful or inadequate, realize the role the Lord will play in your life. He will prepare you to parent the children He gave you—children whom He loves even more than you possibly can. Continue to yield your will to His will.
God is with you every step as a parent … guiding you all the way. Every day, claim this biblical truth as your truth. The Bible says … “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged” (Deuteronomy 31:8). May God’s tender blessings be upon you.
Yours in the Lord’s hope,
P.S. My friend, this Scripture from Deuteronomy 31:8 is my personal favorite. I encourage you to personalize His Word. For the next three months, tuck His truth into your heart. … “The Lord himself goes before me and will be with me; he will never leave me nor forsake me. I will not be afraid; I will not be discouraged.”
This truth is for you … for the rest of your life.
If you’re on Facebook, I invite you to connect with me at Facebook.com/June.Hunt.Hope. And if you’re not, take it from me: You’re never too old to start! See you there!