Forgiving someone doesn’t mean you’re letting them “off the hook.” When you hold on to unforgiveness, bitterness, pain, and anger … it’s like carrying an extra 100 pounds of heavy rocks around your neck. We aren’t meant to carry that burden.
Watch this clip from our video course on Forgiveness as June Hunt explains how to release our pain to the Lord and experience the freedom of forgiveness.
Prayer to Forgive Your Offender
“Lord Jesus, thank you for caring about
how much my heart has been hurt.
You know the pain I have felt because of
( list every offense ).
Right now I release all that pain into your hands.
Thank you, Lord, for dying on the cross for me
and extending your forgiveness to me.
As an act of my will, I choose to forgive ( name ).
Right now, I move ( name ) off of
my emotional hook to your hook.
I refuse all thoughts of revenge.
I trust that in your time and in your way
you will deal with ( name ) as you see fit.
And Lord, thank you for giving me your
power to forgive so that I can be set free.
In your precious name I pray. Amen.”
“O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive,
so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help.”
(Psalm 86:5 NLT)
Forgiveness Video Course
This video course provides a context for life change – to study and reflect on what God says about forgiveness and find practical steps to truly forgive and be healed. In this 70-minute video course, you will learn about:
- What forgiveness is – and is not
- Common misconceptions to forgiveness
- Forgiving yourself
- Barriers to letting go and forgiving
- Differences between forgiveness and reconciliation
- The 4 stages of forgiveness
- Receiving God’s forgiveness
- How to help others forgive and find freedom
- What the Bible says about forgiveness
This video course also comes with:
- A digital companion guide – a downloadable workbook with notes and questions for further study and reflection
- “What is God’s Heart on Forgiveness?” – a PDF from the Keys for Livingbook on Forgiveness with helpful, biblical insights related to this topic