- It takes time, sensitivity, and effort to bond members of two different families into one new family.
- The transition to a bleded family can be more challenging for older children.
- Children can become master manipulators – using guilt trips – to get their way.
Are you thinking about getting married again and wondering what you can do to help your children to become used to this new situation? Did you remarry and encounter painful challenges when trying to make sure everyone was getting along? Although blending two families into one new family unit can be difficult, a “new map” can be a great help on this unknown path. To learn how to make this transition into a success, join us as June addresses questions such as …
- “How can we prepare our children for our upcoming wedding?”
- “What can I do if my mate’s children don’t respect me?”
- “Who should I prioritize – my children or my new mate?”
- “How do I handle the discipline of my spouse’s children?”
Traveling to attend a BCI? Get directions to our facilities using our contact page.
Special hotel rates available. To inquire, please call 1-800-488-HOPE (4673).