Monthly Teaching Letter from June
Each month, friends of the ministry receive a teaching letter from June that includes encouragement and ministry updates, as well as ways that people can partner and pray for Hope For The Heart. Feel free to browse through recent letters from past months listed below.
- God’s Refining Process - In both the Old and New Testaments, we find numerous references to God’s refining His children through fiery trials in much the same way an earthly refiner uses fire to purify gold and silver. In Isaiah 48:10 the Lord says, “I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.”
- Friendship: A Treasured Gift from God - Is the need for true friendship the cry of your heart right now? Then I want to challenge you to reach out and invest in the special love of friends…friends with whom you can share your joys and sorrows, your fun times and times of deepest heartache…friends with whom you will be both challenged and strengthened in the Lord.
- Self-Worth: Discover Your God-Given Worth - Why would God go to the effort of making you if He didn’t care about you and didn’t have a plan and purpose for you? Let the Lord transform how you see yourself. Let Him be the source of your joy. God values you . . . immensely.
- Depression: Out of the Darkness into the Light - Have dark clouds of depression poured their tears on your soul? Are you stuck emotionally? Do you feel that no one has the capacity to understand life from your point of view? Do you simply exist, knowing that others will never truly know what you’re feeling? People from all walks of life can relate to feeling isolated and alone. Many have experienced overbearing depression—including me.
- Suicide Prevention: Finding Hope When Life Seems Hopeless - They are all around us . . . people who have lost all hope and whose weary cry is simply this: Make the pain go away. Whether spoken or held inside, it’s an aching admission that reveals a soul mired in the depths of despair.