Monthly Teaching Letter from June
Each month, friends of the ministry receive a teaching letter from June that includes encouragement and ministry updates, as well as ways that people can partner and pray for Hope For The Heart. Feel free to browse through recent letters from past months listed below.
- November 2014, Suicide Prevention: Finding Hope When Life Seems Hopeless - They are all around us . . . people who have lost all hope and whose weary cry is simply this: Make the pain go away. Whether spoken or held inside, it’s an aching admission that reveals a soul mired in the depths of despair.
- September 2014, Sexual Integrity – Balancing Passion with Purity - Late one night, a 23-year-old student called our Hope In The Night radio program and confessed he was thinking about quitting pastoral training because of his battle with sexual temptation. He didn’t feel strong enough to resist sexual sin and believed he needed to abandon the call of God on his life rather than be hypocritical.
- August 2014, Toppling the Stress Giant - Has overpowering stress almost pushed you to the breaking point? Have you ever thought … if one more pressure is added to my life, I’ll snap! If so, you are not alone. How well I remember a time when I thought, I can’t take any more stress. I can’t handle one more thing!
- July 2014, Boundaries: Setting Them and Keeping Them - Boundaries are about us, not about controlling another person, requiring us to take responsibility for our own attitudes & beliefs, thoughts & choices.
- June 2014, Identity in Christ - What would it be like to not know your own identity? How can you have peace? How can you have joy? How can you know your purpose in life? Sadly, many people today live with spiritual amnesia. They simply don’t know who they are.