Monthly Teaching Letter from June
Each month, friends of the ministry receive a teaching letter from June that includes encouragement and ministry updates, as well as ways that people can partner and pray for Hope For The Heart. Feel free to browse through recent letters from past months listed below.
- June Hunt on Forgiveness – “The Freedom of Forgiveness” – Many people see nothing wrong with harboring bitterness, resentment, and hatred. Because of unjust treatment, the concept of forgiveness seems so unfair. Like me, they feel absolutely justified. In fact, we feel we are carrying the cause for justice—carrying the cause for right—only to discover we are wrong…
- June Hunt on Anger – “Don’t Leave Any Fire Unchecked!” – Everyone periodically feels the heat of anger, but how we handle anger determines whether or not it becomes out of control. A small flame lighting a cozy campfire can ignite a forest fire … if left unchecked. Conversely, if the campfire for a cookout is snuffed out too quickly, it will not accomplish its purpose, and you will have some hungry campers!
- June Hunt on Success through Failure – “How Do You Measure Success?” – The road to success is paved with many ups and downs. Some of those downs might be perceived as failures, but your attitude toward any failure can certainly influence your ultimate success. — In this new year, how do you measure success? Do you measure success by your position? Your salary? Your home? Your relationships? What happens when you don’t meet your own expectations or the expectations of someone else? What happens when you fall short?
- June Hunt on Ethics & Integrity – “How could anyone do that?” – Have you ever asked, “How could he do that? How could anyone do that? He clearly has no moral compass so he can’t possibly have integrity!” — Over the years, I’ve had to rethink my thinking on integrity. Ethics is the study of various systems of morality. Morals are your belief in fundamental principles determining right and wrong. Understanding ethical systems is important in understanding human behavior—why people do what they do.
- June Hunt on Suicide Prevention – “The Lord Understands Your Pain” – Too many people have said or heard the words: “I just don’t want to live anymore.” Sadly, more than 800,000 people each year die by suicide around the world and many more make an attempt.1 This equates to one death by suicide about every 40 seconds throughout the world. How tragic that so many believe that death is the only solution to stop their pain…