Monthly Teaching Letter from June
Each month, friends of the ministry receive a teaching letter from June that includes encouragement and ministry updates, as well as ways that people can partner and pray for Hope For The Heart. Feel free to browse through recent letters from past months listed below.
- January 2015, Self-Worth: Discover Your God-Given Worth - Why would God go to the effort of making you if He didn’t care about you and didn’t have a plan and purpose for you? Let the Lord transform how you see yourself. Let Him be the source of your joy. God values you . . . immensely.
- December 2014, Depression: Out of the Darkness into the Light - Have dark clouds of depression poured their tears on your soul? Are you stuck emotionally? Do you feel that no one has the capacity to understand life from your point of view? Do you simply exist, knowing that others will never truly know what you’re feeling? People from all walks of life can relate to feeling isolated and alone. Many have experienced overbearing depression—including me.
- November 2014, Suicide Prevention: Finding Hope When Life Seems Hopeless - They are all around us . . . people who have lost all hope and whose weary cry is simply this: Make the pain go away. Whether spoken or held inside, it’s an aching admission that reveals a soul mired in the depths of despair.
- September 2014, Sexual Integrity – Balancing Passion with Purity - Late one night, a 23-year-old student called our Hope In The Night radio program and confessed he was thinking about quitting pastoral training because of his battle with sexual temptation. He didn’t feel strong enough to resist sexual sin and believed he needed to abandon the call of God on his life rather than be hypocritical.
- August 2014, Toppling the Stress Giant - Has overpowering stress almost pushed you to the breaking point? Have you ever thought … if one more pressure is added to my life, I’ll snap! If so, you are not alone. How well I remember a time when I thought, I can’t take any more stress. I can’t handle one more thing!